OUR WORK AND IMPACT
Eastern Africa Social and Gender Norms Learning Collaborative (EALC)
This project will establish a field-based social norms learning network in East Africa to improve norms-shifting interventions and develop practice-based evidence to advance social norms practice. It will be implemented in close collaboration with experts from the Global Learning Collaborative to Advance Normative Change.
The goals of this initiative are to: 1) strengthen networks among researchers, implementers and donors to generate evidence and improve practice; 2) share state-of-the art social norms evidence, approaches and resource; 3) improves gender and social norms program implementation and evaluation; and 4) generate and share knowledge globally to address critical health and development issues.
Over a four-year period, members of the learning network will participate in capacity strengthening events, connect virtually and in-person moderated, quarterly learning lab meetings to reflect on their norms-shifting work, and participate in the development and testing of practical social norm resources with the Global Learning Collaborative. These activities will lead to greater clarity of language among practitioners related to social norms, resulting in improved evidence on how norms matter and effective ways to shift them.
Related Project: Global Learning Collaborative to Advance Normative Change
- Engaging Communities in Exploring Social Norms: Learnings from the Social Norms Exploration Tool
- Social Norms and AYSRH: Building a Bridge from Theory to Program Design
- Top Themes from the Summit on Social Norms Research and Practice
- How and Why Norms Matter for Sustainable Development: Learning Collaborative to Advance Normative Change
- Learning Collaborative to Advance Normative Change: Key Resources
- Learning Collaborative to Advance Normative Change: Essential Resources
- Social Norms Exploration Tool at a Glance Fact Sheet
- Community-Based, Norms-Shifting Interventions: Definition and Attributes
- Identifying and Describing Approaches and Attributes of Norms-Shifting Interventions
- Advancing social norms practice for adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health: The why and the how
Rebecka Lundgren, MPH, Ph.D. she/her
Agency for All
Infectious Diseases & Global Public Health